[SciPy-User] Announcement: Self-contained Python module to write binary VTK files.

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Nov 30 02:19:23 CST 2010

>>> PyEVTK is released under the GPL 3 open source license. A copy of the license is
>>> included in the src directory.
>> Would you consider changing to a more permissive license?   We
>> (nipy.org) would have good use of your package, I believe, but we're
>> using the BSD license.
> I'd like to release it with a license that is compatible with the GPL license. It seems that the FreeBSD license satisfies that requirement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses). Would the FreeBSD be useful for you?

That's great - thank you.  We use the 3-clause BSD license mainly [1],
and the MIT license in one project, but the 2-clause 'simplified' BSD
that FreeBSD uses is ideal.

Thanks again,

[1] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php