[SciPy-User] getting started with arrays and matplotlib

martin smith gmane@blindgoat....
Wed Aug 10 14:59:23 CDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 2:48 PM, Paul Blelloch wrote:
> I recently got Hans Petter Langtangen's "A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python." I thought that it was a good choice.  It's more of a text book than a reference, but is well written. He has another book called "Python Scripting for Computational Science," which might also serve.

I'd like to support the recommendation for Langtangen's book (I haven't
seen the second one).  I think it's an excellent combination of advanced
script usage and scientific applications.

- martin smith