[SciPy-User] binom pdf error

Antonio Ingargiola tritemio@gmail....
Fri Jul 22 16:31:11 CDT 2011

Hi to the list,

I got an error using the pdf method on the binom distribution. Same error
happens on scipy 0.8 and scipy 0.9 (respectively ubuntu distribution and
pythonxy on windows).

The error is the following:

In [1]: from scipy.stats.distributions import binom

In [2]: b = binom(20,0.8)

In [3]: b.rvs()
Out[3]: 17

In [4]: b.pdf(2)
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)

C:\Users\anto\.xy\startups\<ipython console> in <module>()

C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\distributions.pyc in pdf(self, x)
    334     def pdf(self, x):    #raises AttributeError in frozen discrete
--> 335         return self.dist.pdf(x, *self.args, **self.kwds)
    337     def cdf(self, x):

AttributeError: 'binom_gen' object has no attribute 'pdf'

In [5]:

Is this known problem? How can I get the binomial pdf, is there a

Many thanks,