[SciPy-User] scipy import problem in apache-mod_wsgi environment

Tue Nov 8 11:58:08 CST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Ralf Gommers

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Myunghwa Hwang <mhwang4@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Hayne!
>> Thanks for your answer.
>> After trying out what you suggested (that is, commenting out the import
>> of decomp),
>> I found out the import of decomp was not the problem.
>> In decomp_schur, there are two lines checking something related to
>> rounding errors specific to a single machine as follows:
>> eps = np.finfo(float).eps
>> feps = numpy.finfo(single).eps
>> If you execute just the above lines in your application instead of
> importing scipy, does it hang too?
The current finfo is kind of a mess and could use a rewrite. If we truly
stick to ieee it could also be reduced to a set of known tables, with maybe
an exception thrown in for some of the PPC. I don't think it works for PPC
at the moment in any case.

Myunghwa, what hardware are you running on?