Mon Sep 19 08:55:24 CDT 2011
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:42:52 +0200, Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:
> where the first one is the mpmath code without the mpmath ctx objects
> invoked, the second is the cython version, and the third is the mpmath
> native version (0.17). Before I dive into cython management of arrays in
> order for polylog to accept input arrays, I would appreciate feedback on
> where to look for potential further improvements using cython, if any,
> on a simplistic script as this one.
- Check the annotated HTML output from "cython -a".
The name of the game is to make things less yellow.
- Add cdef type for all variables (removes PyObject boxing).
This will be the main source of speed gains.
- Sprinkle in @cython.cdivision(True)
- Use "from libc.math cimport abs"
- Take a look at lambertw.pyx in scipy.special.
It shows you how to make the function an ufunc.
More information about the SciPy-User