[SciPy-User] ANN: pandas 0.4.1 release

Wes McKinney wesmckinn@gmail....
Mon Sep 26 22:21:28 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2011, at 1:29 AM, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
>> Wes McKinney wrote:
>>> I'm happy to announce the 0.4.1 pandas release, largely a bugfix
>>> release with a handful of new features and speed optimizations. See
>>> below or on GitHub for the full release notes. Binary installers are
>>> on PyPI. Thanks to all for bug reports and pull requests.
>> It might be helpful to say what pandas is in future announcements!
>> https://github.com/wesm/pandas#readme
>> """
>> pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data
>> structures designed to make working with "relational" or "labeled" data both
>> easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building block
>> for doing practical, real world data analysis in Python. Additionally, it
>> has the broader goal of becoming the most powerful and flexible open source
>> data analysis / manipulation tool available in any language. It is already
>> well on its way toward this goal.
>> """
>> Jeremy
> Good advice for _everyone_ software announcements. One of my pet peeves.
> Jerry

Seriously? I'm burning the candle at both ends building high quality
*free* software with excellent documentation and you guys are
complaining about having to copy-and-paste a hyperlink? =P

I will certainly include a description of what the package does in
future release e-mails. BTW a "thanks for all your hard work" along
with the criticism would be a more tactful way to go about things!

- Wes