[SciPy-User] How to convolve with transfer function

rmain@g... rmain@g...
Wed Dec 5 16:23:49 CST 2012

Hi everyone. I want to do the following:
I have an image and want to apply the transfer function
http://www.abload.de/img/tfbiif7.png to my image. However, in the
article I am using it said the following:
"Due to the singularity in the log function at the origin, one cannot
construct an analytic expression for the shape
of the Log-Gabor function in the spatial domain. Therefore, the filters
are constructed in the frequency domain."
So it has to be used in the frequency domain. I first have to transform
my image via FFT. For that, I found the function numpy.fft.rfft2 which
does the transformation. However I'm at a loss on how to apply the
transfer function to the array. I found the scipy.signal.convolve
method, however that one seems to work with arrays. But I can't figure
out how to convolve with this transfer function if it can't be defined
as an array.
Would you please help me with my problem?