[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP 3.1 - the Interactive Editor for Python
Thu Dec 20 10:14:05 CST 2012
We're pleased to announce version 3.1 of the Interactive Editor for Python.
IEP is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and
introspection, which makes it very suitable for scientific computing. Its
practical design is aimed at simplicity and efficiency. IEP is written in
Python 3 and Qt.
Binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
A selection of new features are:
- a new powerful menu for the shells widget
- multiple lines can be copy-pasted (and executed) in the shell
- run selection (F9) runs the selected statement if on a single line
- multiple comments/docstring reshaping
- the shell widget can now be moved on Mac
- a wizard to help new users on their way
Discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/iep_
Release notes: h*ttp://code.google.com/p/iep/wiki/Release
Rob, Ludo & Almar
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SciPy-User