[SciPy-User] Facing a problem with integrations

Marcel Caraciolo caraciol@gmail....
Tue Feb 28 20:47:26 CST 2012

Hi all,

My name is Marcel and I am lecturing scientific computing with Python here
at Brazil. One of my students came to me with a problem that he is
currently solving it with matlab but he decided to change his code to
Python (thanks to the course!)

The problem is calculate numerically the coefficients aim that are defined
by the following integral [1].

It must be calculated using integrals. In the example showed above he wants
to use the trapezoid rule adapted for 2-D arrays or if there is any another
solutions easily with scipy it would be match perfectly also.

Here is the matrix input (U) and the corresponding coefficients (solution).
The goal is to calculate the corresponding coefficients
by the formula (integral) shown at [1].

Could anyone give some a solution using scipy.integrate ? I tried several
proposals but it didn't worked.

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1977573/pic1.png

[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1977573/pic2.png

Marcel Pinheiro Caraciolo