[SciPy-User] Scipy fitting

Pierre Barthelemy barthpi@gmail....
Thu Mar 1 09:54:48 CST 2012

Dear all,

i am writing a program for data analysis. One of the functions of this
program gives the possibility to fit the functions. I therefore use the
recipe described in :
the section "Simplifying the syntax". This recipe make use of the
function: scipy.optimize.leastsq.

One thing that i would like to know is how can i get the error on the
parameters ? From what i understood from the "Cookbook" page, and from the
scipy manual (
the second argument returned by the leastsq function gives access to these

The param_errors that i get in this case are extremely small. Much smaller
than what i expected, and much smaller than what i can get fitting the
function with matlab. So i guess i made an error here.

Can someone tell me how i should do to retrieve the parameter errors ?