[SciPy-User] feature extraction from an image.
Fri Mar 30 09:31:58 CDT 2012
> Dear scipy users,
> I am facing difficulty in the extraction of specific feature from an
> image from a time series.
In general, you may want to investigate the tools in the scikits-image ("skimage") package:
> There is a small speck which is irregular in shape within the circular region of the domain.
> I am trying to calculate the velocity at which the speck is moving based on
> this. A sample image is attached.
This could be a very easy task or a very hard task, depending on a lot of information about the timeseries images that you haven't provided:
(1) Is the circular region constant in size/position/coloration?
(2) Is the "speck" constant in shape/coloration?
(3) Are there other transient "specks" or other sources of noise?
(4) Are there multiple "specks" at once?
(5) How many time-series do you have? How many frames per time-series?
(6) Are there variations (in any of the above features) between the different time-series you have that may not be present within each single time-series? (Such as differences in coloration or position of the circular region?)
and so forth.
Perhaps you could post a sample timeseries somewhere online and provide a link, so that it's easier to get a sense of the problem?
Also, where is this data derived from? Perhaps that information would help formulate a good solution.
More information about the SciPy-User