[SciPy-User] Is there any quantile function in scipy.stats module?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri May 4 08:09:41 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM, 袁振飞 <zfyuan@mail.ustc.edu.cn> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
>     My work involved in some probability calculation, which needs the
> quantile
> function of distributions like standard normal and t. However, I looked into
> scipy.stats.t, there's only pdf and cdf functions, and didn't see quantile
> function. What can I do with this problem?

stats.norm.ppf
stats.t.ppf
gives the quantiles for a specific values (can be list or array)

.isf is the quantile for the survival function, and is for some
distributions more precise for upper tails than using ppf.

Josef