[SciPy-User] Linux compile questions for SciPy

Crooks, Cynthia J cynthia.crooks@bp....
Tue May 8 14:25:38 CDT 2012

I am trying to compile SciPy for our Linux systems.  I have been able to
compile NumPy  and ATLAS.  These have been installed in user specified
directories, /hpc/soft/NumPy and /hpc/soft/atlas, using the -prefix
option.    When I try to build SciPy it seems to be picking up an older
version of numpy installed in the system directories.  How do I point
the SciPy build to look for the version I have compiled?

OS	SLES SP 1

uname -a 	Linux hpcp8002 2.6.32.12-0.7-default #1 SMP 2010-05-20
11:14:20 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

numpy version	1.6.1	**The version I compiled
numpy version 1.3.0	**Version install in system directories
scipy version 0.10.1
atlas version 3.9.74
python version 2.6

I have attached the screen output from the scipy build attempt.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Cindy <<scipy.build.log>>