[SciPy-User] griddata not working after update to Python 2.7

Umut Yildiz yildiz@strw.leidenuniv...
Thu May 24 08:50:52 CDT 2012

Dear All,

I used to use griddata in order to make my contourmaps. However, after I updated
my Python from 2.6 to 2.7 griddata is not working anymore.

I tried some workarounds but no success.

The countourmap that I produced before is here.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17983476/matplotlib/contour_dT_workingbefore.png

After the Python 2.7 update, it turns to the following.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17983476/matplotlib/contour_dT_broken.png

Here is the datafile.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17983476/matplotlib/contour_dT.dat

And the associated python script (which is also below).
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17983476/matplotlib/contour_dT.py

The code that I was using before is here. I had to comment out #import griddata
line because this is the only way that it continues. Is this a bug in griddata,
or if there are new workarounds, I would be glad to know a new method to produce
my contourplots again.

Thanks a lot

----------------------------
#! /usr/bin python

import os
import sys
import math
from math import *
from numpy import *
#import griddata
from pylab import *
from matplotlib.ticker import FormatStrFormatter
params = {'axes.labelsize': 20,
		'text.fontsize': 15,
		'legend.fontsize': 14,
		'xtick.labelsize': 20,
		'ytick.labelsize': 20,
		'text.usetex': True }
rcParams.update(params)

par1 = []
par2 = []
chis = []

rfile = file('contour_dT.dat','r')
line = rfile.readline()
data = line.split()

while len(data) >1:
	par1.append(float(data[0]))
	par2.append(float(data[1]))
	chis.append(float(data[2]))
	line = rfile.readline()
	data = line.split()

par1 = array(par1)
par2 = array(par2)
chis = array(chis)

xi = linspace(3.2,7.8,50)
yi = linspace(15,300,50)
zi = griddata(par2,par1,chis,xi,yi)
levels = [0.4,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9,1.0,1.2,1.5,2,3,4,6,10,12,15,20,25,30,40,50]
CS = contourf(xi,yi,zi,levels,cmap=cm.jet)
CS2 = contour(CS, levels=CS.levels[::2],
                        colors = 'r',
                        hold='on')

cbar = colorbar(CS)
cbar.add_lines(CS2)