[SciPy-User] looking for real testcases for Nelder-Mead fmin

denis denis-bz-gg@t-online...
Mon Sep 3 11:59:56 CDT 2012

   I'm looking for real or realistic testcases for Nelder-Mead
minimization of noisy functions, 2d to 10d or so, unconstrained
or box constraints, preferably not sum-of-squares and not Rosenbrock et al.
to wring out a new implementation that has restarts and verbose.
(Would like to discuss ways to restart too
but more ideas than test functions => never converge.)

First-cut doc is under
(if anyone knows how to display html directly, please let me know,
git noob.)

   -- denis