[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Sep 20 20:22:35 CDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:
> The part of IPython that's pretty much universal is the command line
> interface, so I don't see a problem with setting the minimum version to
> 0.10.

I really hope not.  The internals of IPython, the configuration, the
usage, everything, is *completely* different in the 0.10 series and
afterwards.  We don't maintain or support 0.10 anymore.  It would be a
huge disservice to users to get them going on something that's already

Obviously we can discuss whether IPython shouldn't go in.  But if it's
going in, it should absolutely be a useful, up to date and widely
supported version.  Let's make this a forward-looking standard, not
something that needs to run on python2.4 on CentOS 3.0.