[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 21 15:42:27 CDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:
> The point of that remark was that we shouldn't set requirements that will
> say "Python(x,y) / Spyder isn't compliant", nothing more than that.

Actually, we *should* define something that is almost certainly *not*
met by today's versions of epd/pythonxy/anaconda/sage/whatever.  If we
don't, the logical implication is that we'll be defining the minimum
common denominator of all of them, and that would be way wrong.

What we need to find is a bar that all these projects can clear in a
reasonable time-frame (say 6 months, give or take) and without undue
burden on their development resources.  But not bury the bar
underground so that everyone has already cleared it where they're