[SciPy-User] Laplacian of a matrix (MATLAB del2 function eqv. in NumPy)

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001@gmail....
Thu Apr 11 07:48:57 CDT 2013

Hello everybody, I would like to calcute de Laplacian Operator of a
matrix with spacing between points and if it were possible the same
boundary conditions as the function del2 does in Matlab. I am already
aware of this SO question

but scipy.ndimage.filters.laplace()
is not suitable because a) none of its modes contemplates extrapolation
on the boundary and b) doesn't allow change spacing between the points.
Another person suggested a direct translation of the code but doesn't
work correctly. This translation option is a bit bothering because the
original code is somewhat difficult to follow. Is there any other

I wish you could help me. Thanks in advance.