[SciPy-User] Spline Interpolation with non continuous data

Franz Engel franz_lambert_engel@yahoo...
Sat Jun 22 09:14:12 CDT 2013

I try to interpolated a spline throw a dataset (the record of a robot motion
path). Usually it works really good, always when the robot drives without
stops. But if the robot stops he moves a little bit backwards. If this
happens I can't use my "normal" method with the
iateSpline.html), because the robot motion is not longer continuously. Does
somebody has an idea which function could solve my problem? Or is there a
good filter to reduce the redundant robot path. (the backwards path is only
a little bit displaced relative to path without stops)