[SciPy-User] TODO: more one-sided options in statistical tests

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Mar 2 08:22:41 CST 2013

options that would be nice to have, if someone has a few spare cycles.

most statistical tests in scipy stats don't have an option for a
one-sided alternative.

I could use a one-sided ``binom_test`` right now.
My guess is, it's at most of few lines, but it takes time to find them
and to write the tests.

For example, a ttest_ind that allows for one-sided alternatives and
for a Null hypothesis that has a mean difference different from zero
(I needed it to write an equivalence test)