[SciPy-User] Best way to feed data to Gnuplot?

Andrew Fraser afraser@lanl....
Wed Mar 27 12:26:01 CDT 2013

I switched from gnuplot to matplotlib in 2008.  The new code is a little
easier to read but the plots from gnuplot looked better.

To get access to all of the features of gnuplot, I fed custom commands
to it through a pipe.  I figured out how to do it by looking at the
source for the Gnuplot.py package that you mention.  Since I wanted many
features not provided by the package, I just used the pipe rather than
Gnuplot.py.  I wrote data to files and used the pipe to issue commands
to a gnuplot process.